Categorie: gezondheid >> info speciale aandoeningen |
Trefwoorden: David Mendosa glucose diabetes
Samenvatting & achtergrondinformatie
Dr. Jennie Brand-Miller and Kaye Foster-Powell — authors of the The New Glucose Revolution,— and David Mendosa, a leading diabetes journalist, answer the most frequently asked questions about blood glucose levels. They address a wide range of concerns, correct common misconceptions, and educate how best to monitor and control glucose levels. Among the questions addressed are:
• What is a normal blood glucose level?
• What can I do to bring down my blood glucose levels when they’re high?
• Can being stressed really have something to do with my high blood glucose?
• Which carbohydrates will raise my blood glucose the least?
• What is the glycemic index?
• When I crave something sweet, what should I have?
This book is for everyone with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, those who experience blood sugar lows (or highs) during the course of a day, people clinically diagnosed with hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, those with the metabolic syndrome or Syndrome X, and everyone interested in taking preventative measures to preserve good health. An indispensable guide, this book is for those who want clear, scientifically-based information about the connection between food, exercise, weight, and blood glucose levels.